SP 12 Questionaire
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I really like to make socks, so I love the indie/hand-dyed yarns...the usual suspects like Sundara, Zen Garden, Yarntini, Socks that Rock, etc, but am also into trying out lesser know/just starting out folks.
In general, I prefer natural fibers over synthetics, though synths can be ok in a blend. I use bulky weight wool yarn to knit things for Warm Woolies, but other than that my fave yarn weights are fingering to worsted.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? eeeeks!! in random places....they are not at all organized (definitely a project that needs to be done). *AHEM* i can always use more sock needles, i.e. DPNs (bamboo/wood or metal) or metal 24" circs (Knit Picks or ADDIs)....lol
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? i learned as a child, but only recently took it up again as i tended to favor crochet since i was faster at it. Intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? See the button on the sidebar :)
5. What's your favorite scent? i tend to prefer floral scents....jasmine, lily, gardenia, camelia, magnolia, etc.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? CARAMEL! dark chocolate! Haribo gummies!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I bake, knit, sew. In the winter I also make candy and chocolate. I"d love to learn to dye and spin yarn someday.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? i have rather eccletic tastes -- 80s, disco, alternative, hard rock/metal, trip hop...
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Fave colors: pinks, blue-reds, violets, greens, teal/blue-greens, rich browns....I am not at all fond of orange or rusty, earth colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am single. I have three kitties and also live with a dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves, berets, mittens, gloves, mitts, fingerless gloves. I especially love them in sets!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? socks and other accessories (see above).
13. What are you knitting right now? socks, dishcloths, and a beret.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? adore them!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer wood or bamboo or metal DPNs and metal circs (in general Knit Picks and Addis)
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? NO, rats.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? about 8 months.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween.
19. Is there anything that you collect? yarn and patterns for knitting :) Wonder Woman and Joan of Arc stuff. Rita Hayworth, Natalie Wood, Doris Day, pin-up girl stuff.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? see wish list on the side. i have a sub to IK and supposedly one for Creative Knitting (it has yet to arrive). As for yarns and needles...see questions 1 & 2 above. I have a huge wish list/queue on ravelry for patterns!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? yarn dyeing, Fair Isle at some point, i'm sure there is lots i don't know!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes.
23. When is your birthday? March 13
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? SaucyMinx