31 December 2010
02 October 2008
September was definitely a rough month. Not only did I have to reconstruct many of my teaching materials for the new semester, I had to reconstruct the dissertation chapter I'd been drafting. On top of it all, I had to do all that with very limited computer or internet access. I didn't realize until this mess how highly dependent I'd been on my computer & on having steady access to the internet!
Long live Mnemosyne!!!
the mac doctor resuscitated my poor computer by having to install a new hard drive (um, a new BLANK hard drive, btw!).
Rather than naming the drive after a warrior who died young in battle, my new one is named after the mother of the Muses -- her name, appropriately, means "memory" ;) i'm hoping that will help! LOL.
Many, many, many apologies to my recent & current swap partners -- I'm sorry you got me! However, I'm catching up & y'all should be finding packages in your mailboxes shortly. Thank you for your patience!
05 September 2008
19 August 2008
I prefer to knit and am an intermediate level knitter. I can crochet, but it seems to aggravate my tendonitis, so don't do it much.
2. Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do?
3. Are there any other crafts that you participate in?
4. What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
I prefer natural fibers, though some blends are ok.
5. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?
6. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance? Um, sure...Sundara sock yarn, Wollmeise, ya know...indie dyers like that :)
7. What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?
Socks and other accessories cause they are quick
8. What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to start this autumn?
I'm knitting socks :) I also have a beret that I'm working on. I'll prolly start a sweater of some sort in the autumn...definitely i'll make gloves/mittens/mitts and other winter accessories!!
9. What is your favorite FO? (Please, post a picture if you would like.)
my FO -- they ones of which i have pictures, anyway, -- are on ravelry.
10. What is your oldest UFO?
it's also pictured on Ravelry -- it's a cami that I started in January
11. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
I suppose I will eventually learn Fair Isle...
12. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter. Women's Medium (size 7.5 shoe), 8.5" length & diameter, I believe
13. Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift?
14. Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks?
In disarray, at the moment!
15. Do you collect anything?
Wonder Woman and Joan of Arc paraphenalia. Rita Hayworth stuff.
16. What is your favorite type of music? Are you MP3 ready?
I really do have eclectic tastes...i like most types, from disco to heavy metal. Yes, i am MP3 ready (i use iTunes)
17. Do you like sweets? What are your favorites?
Caramel and Haribo gummies
18. What is your living situation like? Any pets? Children?
Cats and a dog.
19. Are you allergic to anything?
20. Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)? Please include links for your swap pal.
Yes, I have an Amazon wish list and the link is on the side. I guess you could also say that my Ravelry queue is a wish list.
21. Are you having a birthday during this swap?
22. What is your Ravelry ID? SaucyMinx
11 August 2008
Sock Yarn from your Stash 4 swap
Originally uploaded by Saucy Minx Knits
Wow, what a day! I love coming home from being out of town and having so much mail, lol!!!
After I got home from work today, though, there was yet another package -- how lucky am i?!
This one is from Larissa.....thanks! Wow, everything was beautifully wrapped in a gorgeous fabric and many things she made herself! She sent me some sock yarn, a pattern for it, sock needles, a cute pocket mirror, a project bag for socks, candy, loads of tea, darling stitch markers and a little pocket for them...all kinds of goodies! It even arrived in a useful box!
Sock yarn from your stash 3 swap
Originally uploaded by Saucy Minx Knits
Goodies from yohopaulie! she knew i liked vintage and medieval stuff, so sent a medieval pattern, a vintage tank top pattern, a journal, Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks book!!!, a Marilyn Monroe tote bag!, and sockyarn that she dyed!!